Dispatcher creates a fully functional Updater executable for you to include with your software. All you need is a website (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP), and your users will be kept up to date. Dispatcher automatically generates binary patch data and uploads it to your website(s) whenever you release a new version.
When the Updater is run on a user's PC, your software will automatically be patched to its latest version! The Updater can be run in a variety of ways, including to only pop-up when an update is available.
-Create Updaters and Installers for your software
-Choose Patch Mode (Transfers only the binary difference between files) or Sync Mode (Transfers compressed individual changed files)
-Release Updates via any standard Website (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP)
-Supports downloading updates from multiple mirror Websites, if desired
-Works with Free Webhosts, thanks to File Extension Masking
-All data needed for the Updater to update your software is automatically generated and uploaded to your website for you
-Updater can be configured to only pop-up when there is an update available, to be run before your software, or to be manually run through your software
-Save bandwidth! Only 2 bytes are downloaded to check for updates; Patches can be as small as 200 bytes
-Small Updater file size (about 100kb)
-Change between using binary patches or downloading compressed individual files at any time
-File Recovery allows updating of files that were deleted/altered by the user, which would otherwise be unpatchable
-Automatic Rollback ensures that your software is never left in an unusable state due to interrupted updates
-Works fully without relying on Puchisoft servers
-Simple to set up and maintain using a GUI
-Optional Command-line parameters allow scripting the distribution of your software
-Runs on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Wine(Linux)
» version 2011.05.05 - posted on 2011-05-05
Support for more rare web servers
» version 2009.10.12 - posted on 2009-10-12
This software includes software under multiple licenses. Unless otherwise noted, the following license applies:
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Puchisoft, Inc., as Licenser, grants to you, the Licensee, a non-exclusive license to use this software program (hereinafter the "SOFTWARE") in accordance with the terms contained in this license.
2. UPDATER PROGRAMS. The SOFTWARE may be used to create an unlimited number of freely distributable, royalty-free Updater programs, provided that you DO NOT modify these Updater programs, that you include the unaltered UpdaterLicense.txt file with every Updater distribution, and that you adhere to the COMMERCIAL USE section below.
You may only distribute created Updater programs, for use with your own software programs or products, if you own a license to the Edition of this SOFTWARE, which was used to create the Updater.
3. COMMERCIAL USE. With the Freeware Edition of this SOFTWARE, the inclusion of created Updater programs in commercial products is strictly prohibited. To include created Updaters in a commercial software program or product, a Non-Freeware Edition license must be purchased. A single Non-Freeware Edition license is sufficient to permit the inclusion of created Updaters with all your own software programs or products.
4. NO REVERSE ENGINEERING. You may not modify, disassemble or decompile the SOFTWARE or the stand-alone Updater programs created with the SOFTWARE, in whole or in part.
5. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE, including but not limited to any images, texts, and sounds incorporated into the SOFTWARE, are owned by Puchisoft, its suppliers, or various other authors. See the "Contrib" folder after installation for a full list of authors.
6. SOFTWARE REDISTRIBUTION. You may only distribute this SOFTWARE, provided that:
(a) it is the Freeware Edition of this software
(b) you only distribute the original Install program of the SOFTWARE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE ARE YOU LICENSED TO DISTRIBUTE ANY OTHER FILE OF THE SOFTWARE COVERED UNDER THIS LICENSE, EXCEPT FOR THE UPDATER. Note that this license does not cover everything included in the SOFTWARE package. See the "Contrib" folder after installation for a full list of licenses.
(c) you DO NOT charge, or ask for donations, for this.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PUCHISOFT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PUCHISOFT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF PUCHISOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
8 PRIVACY. Updater programs send information to your chosen servers and/or Puchisoft, Inc. - Only information about the product being updated, and the Updater program itself is sent. Neither other information from your computer, nor any personal information is sent to Puchisoft, Inc.